Flaky Spaghetti Squash Biscuits
Yield: about one dozen
- 4 cups all purpose flour
- ½ cup (1 stick) cold butter, cubed
- about 1½ cup squash, pureed (spaghetti squash works great!)
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- a few tablespoons half and half
- about 1½ cups plain yogurt
- In food processor, pulse all dry ingredients with butter until it has the appearance of corn meal.
- Add the flour mixture to a bowl and then add yogurt until the mixture sticks together without being too sticky - just until it holds together in one mound. If it needs more moisture, add some half and half to the mixture.
- Once the mixture resembles dough, add the pureed squash and mix together.
- Turn out onto floured surface, flatten out with hands to about a one inch thickness (you can use a rolling pin too). The thickness is important as the biscuits will rise taller and look fluffier.
- Cut small rounds, place on baking sheet and brush tops with a little half and half.
- Bake for about 7 minutes, or until nicely browned.
Serve with a little butter and/or honey with your favorite meal – or enjoy just as they are.