I’ve been in love with avocado smoothies for a long time and have prepared them in countless ways. This creamy avocado smoothie, with the addition of tofu, is not one of my favorites.
I had this one for breakfast and just thought that adding a protein to a breakfast smoothie would be a good idea. I’m not kidding you, you couldn’t even taste the tofu (which wouldn’t be a bad thing). What I did notice though, was that the addition of tofu added even more creaminess.
If you haven’t jumped on the green smoothie or avocado bandwagon yet, I totally recommend it! There are a variety of ways to prepare them, but I typically like to blend up an avocado smoothie with a non-dairy milk like coconut, soy or almond, and add frozen banana for sweetness. The bananas also help to give the smoothie a nice rich texture.
If this all sounds a little strange, it’s perfectly fine to blend the avocados with just ice, whole or non-fat milk , and a sweetener.
Cheers to green smoothies!
- 2 bananas, frozen and cut in chunks
- 1 small avocado, or ½ large, skin removed and sliced
- 2 tablespoons tofu
- 2 cups soy milk, or your choice of milk
- Place all ingredients in blender jar or food processor and blend until desired consistency.
- Note: If using frozen bananas you may have to turn blender off and stir a couple times. Also, add more or less milk, depending on desired thickness.