I didn’t know there was a drink called Mud Pie Latte until I made one. Now there’s at least one drink called Mud Pie Frozen Latte. And trust me, it’s good.
Since I was a kid, I’ve always adored combinations of chocolate, coffee and whipped cream. Throw some oreos in the mix, and that’s dessert nirvana for me. So I decided, while it’s still summertime, to create a latte that can either be an extra special morning treat, or a fabulous summer night dessert. Either one works!
What I love most about this latte is that while it looks really decadent, it’s actually not that bad. And you can make it a little “skinnier” by using less (or no) sugar, and low fat milk instead of half and half.
On a general basis, I like my drinks to be on the healthy side, but I absolutely love to indulge every now and then, and this is the way I like to do it. Hope you enjoy it too!
After checking out the recipe, be sure to check out the giveaway sponsored by Seattle’s Best!
- 2 cups brewed coffee, cooled (I used Seattle’s Best)
- 2 cups or about 15 ice cubes
- 2-4 teaspoons half n half
- 1 cup freshly whipped cream
- 2-3 Oreo Cookies
- 1 tablespoon chocolate syrup
- chocolate shavings, optional
- sugar to taste
- Before starting, make sure all ingredients are prepared and ready to use.
- Add coffee, sugar, half and half and ice to blender jar. Note: add more or less sugar and half and half as preferred.
- Blend until combined. Add Oreos and blend briefly until combined and mixture is slushy.
- To assemble one latte, spoon ¼ of ice mixture in to glass or mason jar. Drizzle in 1 teaspoon of the chocolate syrup, and spoon in a tablespoon of whipped cream.
- Add another ¼ of iced coffee mixture on top until glass in nearly full. Spoon more whipped cream and drizzle with chocolate. Garnish with chocolate shavings and an Oreo.
Seattle’s Best #HotIced Giveaway
The good folks at Seattle’s Best sent me the following to inspire a yummy coffee post. Hopefully you benefit from that inspiration (I know I did). They are giving away the same gift packet they sent me to one lucky coffee lover.
The Hot Iced gift-set includes:
- One-month supply of Seattle’s Best Coffee® (4 bags!)
- Seattle’s Best Coffee Tumbler for your iced and frozen coffee drinks
- Seattle’s Best Coffee Hot Travel Mug to enjoy our brewed coffee on-the-go
- Melitta coffee brewer and recipe for a totally new way to make a single cup of coffee
- Simple Iced Coffee recipe featuring our go-to cold brew method
- Coffee scoop to measure the perfect amount of coffee
To get a coupon for $1.00 off Seattle’s Best coffee, visit their Facebook page.
Enter giveaway through Rafflecopter or just leave a comment in my comment section about your favorite way to enjoy coffee!