I wanted chocolate, and I wanted it now. This is the cookie that happened when I felt like that the other night.
Trust me, this is not just a chocolate cookie. When you take a bite, you have to go “mmmmmm mmmmmm.” I brought some to work the next day so I wouldn’t eat the entire batch in a day-and-a-half. Everyone raved, so I had to share.
That’s it. Hope you enjoy as much as I do.
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- ½ cup whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 3 heaping tablespoons high quality dutch cocoa powder
- 2 sticks butter, room temperature
- 1½ cups packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Heat over to 375 degrees F.
- In mixing bowl, whisk together flours, baking soda, baking powder, salt, cocoa powder.
- In separate bowl, or stand mixer bowl, beat butter with paddle attachment for about 4 minutes until creamy and pale yellow. Add sugar and beat for another minute.
- Add eggs, one at a time and beat after each addition. Add vanilla extract.
- On low speed, slowly add flour mixture until fully incorporated. Lastly, blend in the chocolate chips.
- Drop one ice cream scoopful of dough in hand and form a ball; place on cookie sheet and gently press top down. Do this for each cookie and arrange about 2 inches apart.
- Bake for about 11 minutes.