I loooove me a good a chocolate chip cookie. And I especially love a chocolatey chocolate chip cookie. It may be possible I like them too much since these cookies are the reason behind breaking my committment to minimize the sweets in my life. Instead of having one, or two – I ate three in one night! And then I went on to the continue the pattern for the next couple nights. They’re gone now, so I can rest. ; )
I found this recipe on Cooking with the Big Dogs and just revised the directions slightly.
- 2 sticks unsalted butter, cold and cubed
- 1¼ cups + 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup good quality dark cocoa powder
- 2¼ cups all-purpose flour
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2½ cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350˚ F.
- Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In medium bowl, whish together flour, salt and baking powder. Set aside.
- In bowl of an electric mixer, beat butter and sugar on medium-high 2- 3 minutes, until light and fluffy.
- Blend in eggs, one at a time, scraping down bowl as needed.
- On low speed, mix in the cocoa powder until well blended.
- Continue on low speed and slowly add flour mixture until well blended.
- Fold in the chocolate chips with a spatula until entire mixture in well blended.
- With slightly damp hands, roll about an oversized tablespoon of dough into a ball, and place on baking sheet about 2 inches apart. Sliightly flatten with hand. Continue until batter is gone. Should make about a dozen.
- Bake abpit 15 minutes, until you’re just able to lift the edges up off the pan without breaking the dough.
- Let cool on the baking sheet a few minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.