If you’re looking for a no-fuss, no mixer-needed, tasty, no-oil, no baking powder, moist and quick kind of banana bread – look no more. I whip this banana bread up in just a few minutes and everyone always tells me how much they love it. If you love almonds and a little crunch to baked goods, definitely add the crushed roasted almonds. I just toss a handful in my mini processor, but you can just stick them in a baggy and pound away with an olive oil bottle, or whatever.
If you don’t like to mash bananas with a fork, just chop them and let the paddle attachment do the work in your mixer. The point is, you can make this as easy as a you want!
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 1½ teaspoons baking soda
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 6 bananas, smashed
- 1 stick butter, melted
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- ½ cup roasted (unsalted) almonds, crushed
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together flour, ½ teaspoon baking soda and cinnamon. In the bowl of stand mixer (or any mixing bowl), beat together bananas, butter and sugar until blended. Sprinkle remaining baking soda on top of the bananas.
- Beat in eggs, one at a time. Add the vanilla extract. Add flour mixture and beat until just blended.
- Add batter to greased loaf pan (I used baking spray).
- Generously spread crushed almonds on surface. I also sprinkled a little turbinado sugar for an extra special crunch.
- Bake for 55 minutes, or until toothpick comes up clean when inserted in top center.